These Turkey Bacon Egg White Cups are a delicious grab-and-go breakfast idea filled with veggies. They’re ready in just 25 minutes!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Cooking spray – you can also use butter, avocado oil or olive oil.
- Turkey bacon – turkey bacon is a leaner option but feel free to use any variety of bacon of your choice.
- Egg whites – separate the egg white from the yolk or buy a carton of egg whites.
- Italian seasoning – if you don’t have Italian seasoning, use a blend of basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary and thyme.
- Sea salt – to taste.
- Red pepper – swap out for any bell pepper colour of your choice. If you’re not a fan of peppers, use another veggie.
- Red onion – white onion, yellow onion or shallots will also work.
- Kale – spinach is a great alternative.
- Mozzarella cheese – use any shredded cheese blend of your choice.
Skip the Ads and Get Right to the Recipes!
- ZERO ADS on over 600 recipes!
- Weekly Meal Plans, Grocery & Prep Lists
- Bonus eBooks
How to make egg white cups
Step 1: Grease muffin tin.
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 12 muffin cups with cooking spray, olive oil or butter.
Step 2: Line muffin cups with turkey bacon.
Meanwhile, prepare veggies.
Step 3: Season the egg whites.
Mix egg whites with Italian seasoning and salt.
Step 4: Add veggies and cheese.
Divide veggies and cheese evenly amongst muffin cups.
Step 5: Pour egg whites on top of muffin cups.
Step 6: Bake in the oven then serve!
Bake in the oven for 20 min. Let cool then refrigerate or freeze until ready to eat.
Are egg whites healthy?
Yes! Egg whites are definitely healthy and are a great option when you’re looking for a low-calorie breakfast idea. They’re still high in protein (they actually contain about 67% of a whole egg’s protein) but are much lower in calories and have less fat and cholesterol. If you’re looking to lose weight or cut down on your calorie intake without sacrificing on protein, these egg white cups are the way to go.
That being said, egg whites don’t contain a lot of the nutrients that whole eggs do. When you remove the yolk, you’re getting rid of some good minerals and nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin B12, vitamin D and choline.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Turkey bacon recipes are much healthier and leaner than regular bacon recipes. Combined with egg whites, which are low in calories and fat but high in protein, you’ll be enjoying a delicious and healthy breakfast that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
These egg white cups have 303 calories per serving. Each serving contains two egg cups, so there are about 102 calories per egg cup.
The egg white is also known as the albumen or the glair. It makes up the clear liquid in an egg that surrounds the yolk.
Storing and reheating
Make these delicious turkey bacon egg cups ahead of time and store them in the fridge for your breakfast for the week. Once they've cooled down, transfer them to an airtight container or glass bowl for up to one week. To reheat, warm up an individual portion in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
Freezing this recipe
One of the best parts of these egg white cups is that they’re freezer-friendly. Wait for them to cool down and then pack them in freezer-safe glass containers or Ziploc bags. When you're ready to eat them, you can reheat them in the microwave straight from frozen for 4 to 5 minutes.
Wanna Learn How To Meal Prep?
My meal planning service, Dinner Prep Pro, removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night. My meal prep checklists only take 1 hour each week!
More healthy breakfast recipes
Grab & Go Turkey Bacon Egg White Cups
- Cooking spray
- 12 slices turkey bacon
- 2 cups egg whites (I use free run eggs from a carton)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 12 muffin cups with cooking spray, olive oil or butter. Line each cup with turkey bacon slices. Meanwhile, mix egg whites with Italian seasoning and salt. Prepare veggies.
- Divide veggies, cheese and egg whites among muffin cups, then bake in the oven for 20 min. Let cool then refrigerate or freeze until ready to eat. Reheat in microwave for 1 min for refrigerated egg cups, or 2-3 min for frozen. Serving size is 2 egg cups.
Join The Girl on Bloor Premium!
- ZERO ADS!
- Weekly Meal Prep Checklists
- Bonus eBooks