These are the BEST Butternut Squash Recipes for Fall! Try them out and make sure to download my free 7-day dinner menu.
The Best Butternut Squash Recipes
Butternut squash is a quintessential fall ingredient. It’s super versatile and can be used in just about any recipe!
I rounded up some of my favourite butternut squash ideas so you can bring earthy fall flavours to the kitchen table this season. All of these recipes are wholesome and delicious, and include everything from pasta dishes to curries, soups, salads and even pizza.
If you're looking for a delicious and comforting main dish this fall, try these butternut squash dinner recipes! Make everything from pasta to curry and more!
These butternut squash recipes are perfect for meal prep! Have a lunch that people will envy with these easy soups, salads and bowls.
Skip the Ads and Get Right to the Recipes!
- ZERO ADS on over 600 recipes!
- Weekly Meal Plans, Grocery & Prep Lists
- Bonus eBooks
Appetizers & Sides
Butternut squash is a wonderful ingredient in so many appetizers and side dishes. Next time you're celebrating Thanksgiving or throwing a potluck, include one of these recipes in your menu!
Butternut squash for breakfast? It's fantastic! Throw it in a frittata, hash, or even some baked goods like muffins. These are all healthy breakfast ideas that you'll love.
Wanna Learn How To Meal Prep?
My meal planning service, Dinner Prep Pro, removes the guesswork and helps you get dinner on the table in 15-20 minutes each night. My meal prep checklists only take 1 hour each week!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Being the meal prepper that I am, I included several butternut squash recipes in this roundup that can be meal prepped. Try making my fall harvest bowls with wild rice, slow cooker lentil dal and hearty butternut squash curry. Plus, butternut squash will last in the pantry for up to a month. If you’re already peeled and cooked it, it'll last for up to 5 days in the fridge.
This depends on how you want to cook it. You can totally eat the skin if you prefer, but some recipes call for you to peel the squash before you cook it for a better texture. Try it both ways and see what you like.
You can microwave your squash for about 3 minutes to soften it. Simple poke it with a fork a few times before warming it up. After it cools, it'll be so easy to peel and cut.
Meal Prep Tools
- Glass meal prep bowls are so great for microwaving and reheating your food safely
- Salad containers are another awesome option for keeping your greens and proteins separated so nothing gets soggy.
- My rice cooker saves me so much time in the meal prep process because I can cook my grains ahead of time.
- These bento box containers are perfect for packing snacks and lunches together!
- Restock your freezer with grass-fed beef and poultry from Butcher Box – and for a limited time get two free ribeyes and bacon!
- **Get my full list of tools here**
Download your FREE 7-day fall dinner menu
If you're looking for more fall favourites, download my free 7-day fall menu filled with healthy recipes. Click here to download your free menu.
40+ Best Butternut Squash Recipes for Fall
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 small butternut squash peeled and slice in half lengthwise
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups kale
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Microwave squash one at a time for 2 minutes each. Peel and slice butternut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds then arrange halves on a parchment lined baking sheet, cut sides up. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes until softened.
- Meanwhile, mix fennel, paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper into raw ground turkey to create sausage. Pan fry with 1 tbsp olive oil over med-high heat for 7-8 minutes until fully browned and cooked through. Stir in kale then set aside.
- Remove squash from oven and scrape out a thin layer of flesh. Either reserve flesh for another use or toss with cooked turkey and kale, then stuff back into squash and bake another 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Join The Girl on Bloor Premium!
- ZERO ADS!
- Weekly Meal Prep Checklists
- Bonus eBooks