These Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls are a low carb lunch idea with a lemon-oregano marinade, and they're ready in 30 minutes!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Chicken breasts – you could also use boneless skinless chicken thighs or even drumsticks.
- Red and yellow pepper – feel free to use another veggie like broccoli, mushrooms, green beans or sweet potatoes.
- Zucchini – swap out for another veggie of your choice.
- Red onion – white onion, yellow onion or shallots would also be good in this recipe.
- Olive oil – or another neutral cooking oil like canola or avocado oil.
- Lemon juice – freshly squeezed lemon juice is best but bottled lemon or lime juice will work in a pinch.
- Garlic – fresh minced garlic or jarred minced garlic would both be delicious.
- Oregano – this is key for the Greek flavour. You can swap it out for basil or thyme but the taste will be different.
- Feta cheese – leave this out altogether or use another cheese like goat cheese or mozzarella.
- Salt & pepper – to taste.
How to make Greek chicken bowls
- Add everything but the feta to a sheet pan.
- Toss together to combine.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Divide amongst meal prep bowls.
- Top with feta and serve!
What to serve with Greek chicken
If you're not following a low-carb diet plan, potatoes pair so great with this dish! If you are a huge fan of potatoes, like myself, and are looking to incorporate even more potatoes into this recipe, you could always try these Baked Greek Fries – they’re one of my favourite weekend meals!
Here are some other side dish ideas:
- Frozen fries
- Roasted potatoes
- Egg noodles
Frequently Asked Questions
Greek chicken is chicken (typically chicken breasts) that’s been marinated in a Mediterranean inspired sauce typically made up of oregano, olive oil and lemon juice. For this recipe, I went super simple and made it a sheet pan dish, so all you have to do is throw things together on a sheet pan and stick it in the oven.
Yes! This is a super healthy lunch or dinner option that you can make ahead of time. It’s low carb and only has 309 calories per serving.
For this recipe, you just have to cook the chicken on a sheet pan for 18 to 20 minutes at 400° Fahrenheit.
Storing and reheating
You can store these meal prep bowls in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, simply sprinkle a little bit of water over top (this combats that leftover chicken taste) and microwave for 1-2 minutes. Add any remaining fresh cheese on afterwards if you'd like, but you're also safe to reheat these bowls with the cheese on top.
Freezing this recipe
Unfortunately, this recipe doesn’t freeze well. The chicken would freeze fine, but the veggies would not. However, you probably won't have too many leftovers with this chicken so it shouldn't be a problem!
If you really need to freeze this dish, I recommend you separate the chicken and freeze it in a glass bowl. You can defrost it in the fridge overnight and then reheat it as per the instructions above, or you can repurpose the chicken and use it for another meal.
More easy sheet pan dinners
Meal prep tools for this recipe
- Get your square glass meal prep bowls here.
- And of course I get all my free-range chicken breasts from Butcher Box.
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- 1 lb chicken breasts, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (leave out for Whole 30)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Add all ingredients except for feta to a large sheet pan and toss well to combine. Bake in oven once preheated for 18-20 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and divide mixture among 4 glass meal prep bowls. Top with feta cheese (optional) and serve. Keeps in fridge up to 5 days.